BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Michael Jacksons brother Marlon and daughter Paris speak


Paris Jackson speaks to the public for the first time

Paris Jackson is supported by her family after speaking about her father during the memorial service for Michael Jackson at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Tuesday, July 7, 2009. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill, Pool)

Towards the end of the Michael Jackson Memorial service,Michael’s brother Marlon spoke. He was visibly upset and choked on his words as he began to speak. Following Marlon’s tribute, he turned to their sister, Janet Jackson, and asked her if she wanted to say something. Michael Jackson’s daughter, Paris said that she wanted to say something. For a nation that has only seen Michael Jackson’s children behind blankets and masks it was visibly stirring. With all of the rumors and allegations that have circled Michael Jackson and his children, there before the world, was a beautiful girl, looking for the words to say good-bye to her daddy.

Here is the account of Marlon Jackson’s tribute, followed by Paris’.

I hurt. I stand; I stand here trying to find words of comfort and solace, trying to understand why the Lord has taken our brother to return home from such a short visit here on Earth.

Michael, when you left us, a part of me went with you. And a part of you will live forever within me, but also a part of you will live forever within all of us.

Michael, I will treasure the good times, the fun we had, singing, dancing, laughing. I can remember when we used to come home from school and we would grab a quick bite to eat and we tried to watch the "Three Stooges" as much of it as possible before mother would come in and say, it's time to go to the recording studio.

I also, Michael, remember a time when I went into the record store and there was this man purchasing a lot of C.D.s. And he would go and grab another batch of C.D.s. He was an older gentleman. He had short afro, but crooked teeth, and his clothes were rumpled. I walked up behind him and said, "Michael, what are you doing in this store?"

He turned to me and said, "Marlon, how did you know it was me?" I told him, "You're my brother. I can spot you anywhere, regardless of your makeup. I know your walk. I know your body language. And those shoes did not help."

Michael wore the same shoes wherever we went. But I guess that was his way of trying to experience what we take for granted. We would never, never understand what he endured, not being able to walk across the street without a crowd gathering around him. Being judged, ridiculed, how much pain can one take.

Maybe now, Michael, they will leave you alone.

Michael, Michael was the voice of our angelic trumpets, and he will continue to be the voice, that angelic voice in heaven, nearest to our Creator and waiting on us when our day comes to pass. Michael, I love you. I will miss when we said our goodbyes. I will hug you and I say I love you. And your response was, "I love you more."

You know, the Lord has a purpose for everything. And sometimes we just can't see it or understand it but it will be made clear to us when we reach that ultimate, ultimate reward of being in his presence. And, Michael, you are there. You are right there. You have finished your work here on earth. And the Lord has called for you to come home with him.

So I thank you, Michael. I thank you for all the smiles that you've placed in many people's hearts and I thank you for everything that you've done for others across this globe in the Lord's name. And I have one request, Michael -- one request. I would like for you to give our brother, my twin brother, Brandon, a hug for me. I love you, Michael. I'll miss you.

It is here where Marlon turns to his sister Janet and says, “ I think Janet wants to say something.”

Paris interrupts and Janet is comforting and supporting Paris. “I just want to say ...Janet speaks to a visibly shaken Paris, “Speak up, sweetheart, speak up.” Paris continues, “Ever since I was born, daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine. And I just wanted to say I love him so much.” Janet grabs Paris who is in tears and hugs her. Jermaine Jackson then speaks to the fans; “We want to thank you all for loving my brother and supporting our family. Thank you and good night.”



(source:-www.examiner.com)

0 comments: