BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 11, 2009


Sir Paul McCartney, singer songwriter: “It’s so sad and shocking. I feel privileged to have hung out and worked with Michael. He was a massively talented boy man with a gentle soul. His music will be remembered forever and my memories of our time together will be happy ones.”
Quincy Jones, musician and record producer who collaborated with Jackson on Off the Wall, Thriller and Bad: “He was the consummate entertainer and his contributions and legacy will be felt upon the world forever.
“To this day that music is played in every corner of the world, and the reason is because he had it all – talent, grace, and professionalism.”
Madonna, singer: “I can’t stop crying over the sad news. I have always admired Michael Jackson.
“The world has lost one of the greats, but his music will live on forever! My heart goes out to his three children and other members of his family. God bless.”
Britney Spears: “I was so excited to see his show in London. We were going to be on tour in Europe at the same time and I was going to fly in to see him. He has been an inspiration throughout my entire life and I’m devastated he’s gone!”
Lisa Marie Presley, who was briefly married to Jackson in the mid-1990s:”I am so very sad and confused with every emotion possible.
“I am heartbroken for his children, who I know were everything to him, and for his family. This is such a massive loss on so many levels, words fail me.”
Brooke Shields, actress who briefly dated Jackson: “My heart is overcome with sadness for the devastating loss of my true friend Michael.
“He was an extraordinary friend, artist and contributor to the world. I join his family and his fans in celebrating his incredible life and mourning his untimely passing.”
Dionne Warwick, singer and Jackson’s friend: “We have lost an icon in our industry and my heartfelt condolences go out to his family and children in this hour of sorrow that they are now going through.
“He will live on in my memory and most definitely through the music he shared with so many.”
Justin Timberlake, singer: “We have lost a genius and a true ambassador of not only pop music, but of all music.
“He has been an inspiration to multiple generations, and I will always cherish the moments I shared with him onstage and all of the things I learned about music from him and the time we spent together.”
Martin Bashir, broadcaster who made controversial documentary about Jackson: Many of us were excited about the prospect of him performing in London.
“Thousands of people had bought tickets from all over the world and now to hear this news is very, very sad.
“I think it’s worth remembering that he was probably singly the greatest dancer and musician the world has ever seen.”
Slash, guitarist from the band Guns N’ Roses, who performed on Jackson’s 1991 hit Black or White: “Really sad news about Michael. He was talent from on high.”
Liza Minnelli, singer and friend: “He was a kind, genuine and wonderful man. He was also one of the greatest entertainers that ever lived. I loved him very much and I will miss him every remaining day of my life.”
Steven Spielberg, film maker: “Just as there will never be another Fred Astaire or Chuck Berry or Elvis Presley, there will never be anyone comparable to Michael Jackson. His talent, his wonderment and his mystery make him legend.”
Chuck D, rapper from the group of Public Enemy: “Jackson probably died of a broken heart and a broken soul. … He was a victim of the drug of celebrity and he was never trained to wean himself off it.”
Martin Scorsese: “Michael Jackson was extraordinary. When we worked together on Bad, I was in awe of his absolute mastery of movement on the one hand, and of the music on the other.
“Every step he took was absolutely precise and fluid at the same time. It was like watching quicksilver in motion.”
Mark Lester, childhood friend and godfather to Jackson’s children: “The last time we saw him he was in London a few weeks ago.
“He was absolutely fine. I can’t believe this, it’s such a shock.
“I’ll always remember him as being a very sweet, kind and loving man.”
Cher, singer and actress: “When I think of him, I think of this young boy, this teenager I first met … He was a great teenager, optimistic and adorable.”
Jane Fonda, actress: “I am stunned. My friend, Michael Jackson is dead. He lived with me for a week on the Golden Pond set after ‘Thriller.’ “
Serena Williams, tennis player: “Even though I met him, knew him, if I saw him on the streets I still would have been like ‘Aaaah!’. He is just iconic on all levels.
“He was definitely the ultimate celebrity. Any celebrity who met Michael Jackson was completely (in) awe, I know I was.”
Lenny Kravitz, singer: “He was a boy that God blessed with the most angelic voice. Just listen to an early Jackson Five album and listen to that voice. The purity, the feeling, the interpretation of the lyrics.
“At the age of 10, he was on par with James Brown and Aretha Franklin. But the thing he had that they could not match was the fact that he was a child. But at the same time he sang as an adult. That line between child and experienced adult took his expression to an unmatched level.
“I got to work with Michael on a track that has not been released and it was the most amazing experience I’ve had in the studio. He was funny. Very funny and we laughed the whole time. I also saw what a beautiful father he was. He was a beautiful human being.”
Mariah Carey, singer: “I am heartbroken. Let us remember him for his unparalleled contribution to the world of music, his generosity of spirit in his quest to heal the world, and the joy he brought to his millions of devoted fans throughout the world.
“I feel blessed to have performed with him several times and to call him my friend. No artist will ever take his place. His star will shine forever.”
Coldplay, band: “MJ was the best of the best. His music and performances made the world a brighter place. His light will shine on forever.”
Dame Shirley Bassey, singer: “I have very fond memories of Michael with one dinner in particular where he renamed me Lady Goldfinger.
“For the rest of the time I knew him that was my name. He was an icon and the King of Pop, quite simply magic.”
Robin Gibb, singer: “We’ve not only lost a great friend in Michael but also lost a wonderful sensitive human being.
“This tragedy should teach us a lesson to value and praise those gifts while we still have them in the world.
“If even a small portion of the praise that is bestowed on Michael Jackson now in death was given to him last year, in life, he might well still be with us.
“That is the sad truth. One consolation is that he will triumph by his legacy.”
Alice Cooper, singer: “Michael Jackson was easily as influential as James Brown, and that’s saying a lot. He was the Fred Astaire of his time”


Michael Jackson - Forever a Legend

Share your memories here: www.michaeljackson.com

Arnold Schwarzenegger: “Michael was a pop phenomenon who never stopped pushing the envelope of creativity. Though there were serious questions about his personal life, Michael was undoubtedly a great entertainer and his popularity spanned generations and the globe.”

Sir Paul McCartney: “It’s so sad and shocking. I feel privileged to have hung out and worked with Michael. He was a massively talented boy man with a gentle soul. His music will be remembered forever and my memories of our time together will be happy ones.”

Quincy Jones: “He was the consummate entertainer and his contributions and legacy will be felt upon the world forever. To this day that music is played in every corner of the world, and the reason is because he had it all – talent, grace, and professionalism.”

Madonna: “I can’t stop crying over the sad news. I have always admired Michael Jackson. The world has lost one of the greats, but his music will live on forever! My heart goes out to his three children and other members of his family. God bless.”

Britney Spears: “I was so excited to see his show in London. We were going to be on tour in Europe at the same time and I was going to fly in to see him. He has been an inspiration throughout my entire life and I’m devastated he’s gone!”

Lisa Marie Presley: “I am so very sad and confused with every emotion possible. I am heartbroken for his children, who I know were everything to him, and for his family. This is such a massive loss on so many levels, words fail me.”

Brooke Shields: “My heart is overcome with sadness for the devastating loss of my true friend Michael. He was an extraordinary friend, artist and contributor to the world. I join his family and his fans in celebrating his incredible life and mourning his untimely passing.”

Dionne Warwick: “We have lost an icon in our industry and my heartfelt condolences go out to his family and children in this hour of sorrow that they are now going through. He will live on in my memory and most definitely through the music he shared with so many.”

Justin Timberlake: “We have lost a genius and a true ambassador of not only pop music, but of all music. He has been an inspiration to multiple generations, and I will always cherish the moments I shared with him onstage and all of the things I learned about music from him and the time we spent together.”

Martin Bashir: “Many of us were excited about the prospect of him performing in London. Thousands of people had bought tickets from all over the world and now to hear this news is very, very sad. I think it’s worth remembering that he was probably singly the greatest dancer and musician the world has ever seen.”

Slash: “Really sad news about Michael. He was talent from on high.”

Liza Minnelli: “He was a kind, genuine and wonderful man. He was also one of the greatest entertainers that ever lived. I loved him very much and I will miss him every remaining day of my life.”

Steven Spielberg: “Just as there will never be another Fred Astaire or Chuck Berry or Elvis Presley, there will never be anyone comparable to Michael Jackson. His talent, his wonderment and his mystery make him legend.”

Chuck D: “Jackson probably died of a broken heart and a broken soul. … He was a victim of the drug of celebrity and he was never trained to wean himself off it.”

Martin Scorsese: “Michael Jackson was extraordinary. When we worked together on Bad, I was in awe of his absolute mastery of movement on the one hand, and of the music on the other. Every step he took was absolutely precise and fluid at the same time. It was like watching quicksilver in motion.”

Cher: “When I think of him, I think of this young boy, this teenager I first met … He was a great teenager, optimistic and adorable.”

Jane Fonda: “I am stunned. My friend, Michael Jackson is dead. He lived with me for a week on the Golden Pond set after ‘Thriller.’ ”

Serena Williams: “Even though I met him, knew him, if I saw him on the streets I still would have been like ‘Aaaah!’. He is just iconic on all levels. He was definitely the ultimate celebrity. Any celebrity who met Michael Jackson was completely (in) awe, I know I was.”

Lenny Kravitz: “He was a boy that God blessed with the most angelic voice. Just listen to an early Jackson Five album and listen to that voice. The purity, the feeling, the interpretation of the lyrics. At the age of 10, he was on par with James Brown and Aretha Franklin. But the thing he had that they could not match was the fact that he was a child. But at the same time he sang as an adult. That line between child and experienced adult took his expression to an unmatched level. I got to work with Michael on a track that has not been released and it was the most amazing experience I’ve had in the studio. He was funny. Very funny and we laughed the whole time. I also saw what a beautiful father he was. He was a beautiful human being.”

Mariah Carey: “I am heartbroken. Let us remember him for his unparalleled contribution to the world of music, his generosity of spirit in his quest to heal the world, and the joy he brought to his millions of devoted fans throughout the world. I feel blessed to have performed with him several times and to call him my friend. No artist will ever take his place. His star will shine forever.”

Coldplay: “MJ was the best of the best. His music and performances made the world a brighter place. His light will shine on forever.”

Shirley Bassey: “I have very fond memories of Michael with one dinner in particular where he renamed me Lady Goldfinger. For the rest of the time I knew him that was my name. He was an icon and the King of Pop, quite simply magic.”

Robin Gibb: “We’ve not only lost a great friend in Michael but also lost a wonderful sensitive human being. This tragedy should teach us a lesson to value and praise those gifts while we still have them in the world. If even a small portion of the praise that is bestowed on Michael Jackson now in death was given to him last year, in life, he might well still be with us. That is the sad truth. One consolation is that he will triumph by his legacy.”

Alice Cooper: “Michael Jackson was easily as influential as James Brown, and that’s saying a lot. He was the Fred Astaire of his time.”

Demi Moore: “I am greatly saddened for the loss of both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. Especially for their children!”

John Mayer: “Dazed in the studio. A major strand of our cultural DNA has left us. RIP MJ. Think we’ll mourn his loss as well as the loss of ourselves as children listening to Thriller on the record player.”

Wyclef Jean: “He lives forever in my heart i will never forget the day he came to see me in the studio and i played him music… R i p to Michael Jackson my music god … Some lost Elvis Presley and we lost Michael Jackson… I cried today because Michael Jackson was a Father that we all lost!”

Kim Kardashian: “Wow I am truly in shock that Michael Jackson has passed away! I love u Jackson family, my prayers are with the whole family! Music will never be the same”

Mandy Moore: “RIP michael jackson and farrah fawcett. what a tremendous loss in one day…. thoughts and prayers with their families and loved ones….”

Peter Andre: “Michael Jackson dying is absolutely devastating. I am totally shocked. MJ, you’re the best.”

Lance Armstrong: “Terrible news about Michael Jackson and Farah Fawcett. My best to their friends, fans, and families.”

Fergie: “We have lost one of the greatest icons of all time. He forever set the bar for entertainers all around the world.”

Diana Ross: “I can’t stop crying, this is too sudden and shocking. I am unable to imagine this. My heart is hurting. I am in prayer for his kids and the family.”

Ne-Yo: “Michael Jackson will live forever through the thing that he put all of his life energy into: his music. I will do my part to keep the melody alive, to keep the energy forever changing form, but never ever dying. Long live Michael Jackson.”

Akon: “Michael Jackson’s accomplished so much that there’s not even words to explain what he’s done for urban and pop music. Every artist that I personally know has been influenced by him. The world has lost one of the greatest entertainers who shaped many generations and will continue to for years to come.”

Beyonce: “The incomparable Michael Jackson has made a bigger impact on music than any other artist in the history of music. He was magic. He was what we all strive to be. … I love you Michael.”

Celine Dion: “From the beginning of my career, he was my idol in show business. … I had his poster on my wall.”

Usher: “He broke barriers, he changed radio formats. With music, he made it possible for people like Oprah Winfrey and Barack Obama to impact the mainstream world. His legacy is unparalleled.”

(source:-danielfranklingomez.com)

0 comments: